[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jun 13 21:31:34 BST 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:

>> environment variables. I would have expected this new command to return a
> combined list of all currently active patterns from all available sources,
> especially including the built-in lists...

It won't return the .cvsignore files in individual directories as they're
added on the fly during update.  You also get duplicates - there's never been
any duplicate detection on in the code as it just scans from top-bottom and
breaks on the first hit, so if you're processing it automatically you'll need
to do similar.

> Also, are you still planning to add cvsrc info as well?

cvsrc is harder as it's not stored - it's just calculated based on the current
command.  As there's no builtin .cvsrc this could be implemented externally
with a checkout + reading the one on the client side... that's pretty much
what I'd have to do anyway :)

The new upload is on its way to the server now (didn't see the point in
changing the version number as it's only been a couple of hours and only 8
people have downloaded the other one so far).

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917