[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jun 13 21:11:02 BST 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> So far I haven't been able to make the client-side queries work at all (I
> haven't tested the server-queries yet). Neither cvs info cvsignore nor cvs
> info cvswrappers ever return anything even though there should at least be
> the built-in ignore list to report, shouldn't there? I also have got a
> .cvsignore in my HOME dir but it doesn't get reported when I do cvs info
> cvsignore (even though the output of cvs update clearly indicates that CVS
> finds and honors it). Neither do the contents of CVSIGNORE or CVSWRAPPERS
> environment variables. I would have expected this new command to return a
> combined list of all currently active patterns from all available sources,
> especially including the built-in lists...

It's not much use outside a sandbox as the information is a negotiation
between client and server.  If you run it in a sandbox it's supposed to work -
except I stuffed it up and will have to upload a new one to fix that anyway
(in a few minutes)...  Didn't test client side properly as I think of those
options as server side ones.

What it prints is literally the contents of the list used by the client, so
that's what CVS would use for other commands.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917