[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Sun Jun 13 19:15:18 BST 2004

Tony,

congrats on the new release! The repository name stuff looks really useful -
but...

> * Extend 'cvs info' so it can work server side.  A server query will list
all
>    the protocols that the server is currently listening on (so will not
list
>    :local:, :ext:, etc. as they're not server protocols).  You can also
get
>    the currently active cvswrappers and cvsignore settings.

So far I haven't been able to make the client-side queries work at all (I
haven't tested the server-queries yet). Neither cvs info cvsignore nor cvs
info cvswrappers ever return anything even though there should at least be
the built-in ignore list to report, shouldn't there? I also have got a
.cvsignore in my HOME dir but it doesn't get reported when I do cvs info
cvsignore (even though the output of cvs update clearly indicates that CVS
finds and honors it). Neither do the contents of CVSIGNORE or CVSWRAPPERS
environment variables. I would have expected this new command to return a
combined list of all currently active patterns from all available sources,
especially including the built-in lists...

Also, are you still planning to add cvsrc info as well?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org