[cvsnt] Re: Update problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 18 17:04:56 BST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:36:24 -0400, "Chuck Kirschman"
<Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com> wrote:

>Sometimes when I update, it suddenly goes into this mode where every
>file is listed as "lost" and "conflict"
>
>C msj/mstn/plot/lib/w32dc.c
>cvs update: warning: msj/mstn/plot/lib/w32dc.h was lost
>
>The file is there and in fact doesn't even need to be updated.
>Anecdotally, this seems to happen when I'm using CVS to log or otherwise
>look at another tree at the same time I'm updating.  The possibility
>that occurred to me is that there is some sort of shared file or
>resource being used?

It sounds like a server issue.  The client doesn't generate those
messages, it just feeds the files to the server and gets the data back
again.

There was something similar with the sourceforge server that .41a
fixed but that was due to a dodgy security patch.