[cvsnt] modules file examples

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 18 17:55:22 BST 2004

Does anyone have any good examples of a complex modules file?

The documentation is particularly weak in this area (don't even get me
started on the code...).. I'm trying to work out modules2 equivalents
for modules lines.

An example of a particularly complex modules file plus what directory
structure it's supposed to come up with would help a lot.

So far I have:

Alias modules:

(modules)
foo -a bar/baz

(modules2)
[foo]
/ = !bar
baz = bar/baz

(directory)
foo
    baz

(I'm assuming as per the documentation that the alias module must be a
single directory).

Regular modules:

(modules)
foo bar/baz

(modules2)
[foo]
/ = bar/baz

(directory)
foo

(modules)
foo bar/baz file1 file2

(modules2)
[foo]
/ = bar/baz (^(file1|file2)$)

(directory)
foo
   file1
   file2

(Q: can you have more than one directory here?  The documentation says
all the extra parameters are files, but I'm *sure* I've seen modules
with multiple directories)

Ampersand modules:

(modules)
foo &bar/baz &frog/sheep