[cvsnt] Re: modules file examples

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Sat Jun 19 07:53:45 BST 2004

> So what happens if you do
>
> foo -a bar &baz
>
> or
>
> foo &bar baz
>
> and other such devious combinations...

OK, my statement was probably a bit fuzzy there. Of course for something to
be treated as if it were passed literally to a checkout command it has to be
valid in that context in the first place. You simply couldn't write

cvs checkout &bar baz

so that combination should not be allowed I think. What I was thinking about
when I wrote it could also be an ampersand module was more something like
this:

foo &bar
baz -a foo

Then again I have never actually used ampersand modules myself. So far I
managed to get everything done using -d and -a modules exclusively (don't
think I even used regular modules anywhere come to that). I think I could
send you our modules file on Monday.

>  I've ascertained that:
>
> foo bar baz
>
> is just broken (it tries to create a file called 'baz' then complains it's
> just disappeared).

Makes sense I think, given the documentation.

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org