[cvsnt] Re: modules file examples

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Jun 20 04:49:19 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Does anyone have any good examples of a complex modules file?

FWIW, mine may not be as complex as you're looking for but it works for me.

xoops2-install -d install xoops/xoops2/install
xoops2-upgrade -d upgrade xoops/xoops2/upgrade
xoops2-dist -d xoops2 xoops/xoops2/base &xoops2-install &xoops2-upgrade
xoops2 xoops/xoops2/base

co xoops2 results in the base stuff (the distro without install or
upgrade modules).  co xoops2-dist gets the full package, but still calls
  the resulting directory xoops2.  I'm not sure how practical this
example is, but it's a functioning sample of what I've done.

Note that I have to pull apart the distro to import it this way.  There
might be a better way if I could de-select the directories from the full
distro instead of pulling it apart before import to CVS -- Can modules2
do that?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett