[cvsnt] User deletion causes errors in sanity_check

Jacob Share jacobshare at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 08:24:38 BST 2004

We're on bugzilla 2.17.3.
I deleted a user and now the sanity check is throwing error messages for all the bugs that user had participated in, as assignee or otherwise.

Some examples :
Bad value 32 found in bugs.assigned_to (bug 472)

Bad value 32 found in bugs_activity.who (bug 472)

Bad value 32 found in longdescs.who (bug 472)

Bad value 32 found in user_group_map.user_id

If I check bug 472, I can clearly see that the bug is no longer assigned to anyone, which breaks the historicity Bugzilla is so good at providing. What should happen is that the user's email is still displayed but is no longer an active link.

How do I correct this? Bugzilla shouldn't allow user deletion if it's just going to throw up error messages as a consequence. It was a longshot but I now know that recreating the user's account doesn't help, which I was actually happy to confirm.

Thanks

Jacob Share