[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT control panel: Repositories disappear

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 23 14:58:43 BST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:50:37 +0200, Andreas Tscharner
<andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch> wrote:

>Hello World, hello Tony,
>
>I have downloaded and installed CVSNT 2.0.45 and wanted to make some
>tests, but when I tried I had some errors.
>So I opened the control panel and noticed that all my repositories
>disappeared. I re-added them and tried again, but still had the same
>errors, so I opened the panel again: The repositories had disappeared again!
>I played around a bit and no matter what I do (Server on/off before and
>after adding, changed the name of the repositories, added a new one):
>After clicking OK (and therefore closing the panel) and re-opening it,
>the repository entries are gone.
>
>I had a look into the registry and under
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver all entries and also the
>repositories are saved.

That's wierd... it seems to work intermittently in the release builds
but 100% of the time in the debug builds.  Seems to be a VC
optimisation bug so I'll spend some time tracking it down as I'll need
to disable the specific optimisation globally if it's buggy.

If the repository details are in the registry though CVS should work
OK.