[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

Marlon van den Berg marlon.vandenberg at molding.fico.nl
Fri Jun 25 08:58:46 BST 2004

Kevin wrote:
> I just finished installing CVSNT 2.0.41a on a XP-Pro
> computer.  I tried to
> use WinCvs13b17-2_Bare from a different PC on the network and
> I always get
> the same error when I issue 'cvs ls -l -R' command:
>
> cvs server: Error connecting to host localhost: No such host is known.
> cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

If it can't connect to the local host, then probably there is a firewall
blocking the attempt. This can even be the case if client and server run on
the same machine (must be or else you wouldn't use localhost). Turn the
firewall temporary off and try it again. If it works, you know the cause and
you must configure the firewall to allow the cvs client and server to have
full access on the used ports.

Regards,
Marlon