[cvsnt] Re: cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 25 21:49:03 BST 2004

Kevin wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I just finished installing CVSNT 2.0.41a on a XP-Pro computer.  I tried to
> use WinCvs13b17-2_Bare from a different PC on the network and I always get
> the same error when I issue 'cvs ls -l -R' command:
>
> cvs server: Error connecting to host localhost: No such host is known.
> cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

Does it work from the machine where you installed CVSNT?  What CVSROOT
are you using?  What is the entry for lockserver in your control panel
applet?  Any firewalls running that might interfere?  If you're trying
to use :local: from one box to another, it won't work.

Hope this helps.

--
Glen Starrett