[cvsnt] Newbie Question about cvswrappers and similar files

Berkley, Donna -CIV donna.berkley at cnet.navy.mil
Fri Jun 25 12:52:01 BST 2004

Just double-checking how this works before I do something stupid ...

I just set up a cvs server using sspi and a successfully logged into it with a client.   I am now considering fine tuning options.   I want to customize the server by making modifications to files like cvswrappers.    I notice that there are three versions of it in the CVSROOT.

.#cvswrappers
cvswrappers
cvswrappers, v

I know that the "cvswrappers, v" is the source file that I will need to check out, modify and check back in.   That does not, however, put my changes to the server in place to "take affect", correct ?   I assume that one of the other two files is the one that requires editing/replacing to make my changes effective.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these two files ?   I have not come across that information anywhere yet.

Thanks.

Donna