[cvsnt] Connection Problem, trying to upgrade CVSNT version

Angela Maria Arboleda amarboleda at sysgold.com
Sat Mar 6 00:44:26 GMT 2004

 Hello again! First sorry for my bad english, my original language is
spanish..... :-(

  I have installed in my local machine CVSNT 1.11 and WinCvs 1.13.b8 (works
fine), in the same machine because i'm making a test trying to upgrade to
CVSNT version 2.0.21(before to do that in the server!!), for this I was
uninstall this
 version (1.11) and install CVSNT version 2.0.21 and try to make update whit
Wincvs using ntserver and I get this message::

  cvs [update aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine:
 Error 2

  *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Now, I´m making the same test in a test server(first with CVSNT 1.11) and my
computer (WinCvs 1.13b8) and I connect to the server using ntserver and
works fine, the test server and my computer are in the same Domain. Now  I
was uninstall CVSNT 1.11 and install 1.0.21, connect with ntserver and get
the same message, later I do a test with a repository connecting using
pserver and the procces never do nothing, any help that you can give
me.....thanks...

  Angela.