[cvsnt] Re: setting dates of checked out files (touch)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 3 10:46:48 GMT 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:22:23 +1100, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Can I force CVS to give this file the date/time 1/Mar/2004 11:30 GMT instead (ie: when it was checked in).

I vaguely remember an option to do it at some point too, but it isn't
in any version that I can find.

It's not actually that useful...  if you set files to the date they
were checked in then things like Makefiles break horribly.  The
initial checkout uses the checkin date IIRC but after that it uses the
current time.

The CVS/Entries.Extra has the last checkin time in time_t format in
it... if you're just after the date than that should be accurate
enough.