[cvsnt] Re: Repository Initialization

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 4 14:02:10 GMT 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:19:28 -0500, "Wuebbeler, Steve"
<Steve.Wuebbeler at 53.com> wrote:

>I downloaded & installed cvsnt v2.0, followed the Installation Tips.
>Everything seemed to have installed and the instructions had me try to setup
>a repository, which is where I ran into trouble.  After selecting the root,
>then clicking Add, appending /test to folder selection, it fails.  I get a
>dialog that indicates initialization failed(misspelled) and to run a command
>like so:  cvs -d C:/.... init.  But this fails also because command
>files/cvsnt/repository is an unknown command.  Then, I tried to unistall,
>and start over from scratch...same thing.
>
>Have any ideas for me?

1. You must be working on the CVSNT server console in order to create
repositories, this cannot be done remotely.

2. Are you by any chance using a path to the repository root that
contains spaces? That is no good. The reason is that the commands are
split on whitespace so your intended command becomes mangled.
Use a repository prefix like c:\cvsrepo and base your repositories
there using non-spaced repository names. Modules (=folders inside cvs)
likewise are not supposed to contain spaces in their names.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)