[cvsnt] Re: Setup CVSNT on WinXP Home

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Mar 9 16:44:27 GMT 2004

Joe Jones wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am new to the CVSNT arena, I am attempting to setup CVSNT on WinXP Home

XP Home has broken networking (to increase sales of XP Pro).  It forces
all users to come in as guest.  You'll need to upgrade to XP Pro or
Linux to get non-guest access.

> edition.  I have successfully installed the software and created the 2
> necessary directories.  What I am having problems with is setting up the
> root and setting up user access.  My users will be across the net, therefore
> should I establish the cvsroot as a pserver or sshi?

It depends a little on what OS they are using.  If it's Win32 or a *nix
using a CVSNT client then SSPI would work well.  You could also consider
sserver (I believe it's more secure?).  SSH is a little tricky on Win32
to set up and has caveats, but works great from Linux/BSD/etc.

--
Glen Starrett