[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.34 with viewcvsnt : errors

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Mar 10 17:44:04 GMT 2004

Olivier Booklage wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have notice a problem with viewcvs.cgi ( viewcvsnt ) just since we have ugrade CVSNT to 2.0.34 :
>
> for download a file:
> An Exception Has Occurred
>
> ViewCVSException: ViewCVS Unrecoverable Error: The filename from co did not match. Found "D:/CVS/MEC/AUTOCAD_LIB/CPLUS/Aphex.dwg". Wanted "D:/CVS\MEC/AUTOCAD_LIB/CPLUS/Aphex.dwg"
> url="MEC/AUTOCAD_LIB/CPLUS/Aphex.dwg"

That seems to be the same error that I'm getting with ViewCVS on my new
box, but I can't verify that right now because out outsourced system
admins (Rymes with "Why BM") have IIS non-functional on the machine (and
have for about 2 weeks now...) and have me locked out where I can't fix
it for them...

Search back through the newsgroup for the thread talking about ViewCVS.
  IIRC the newer CVSNT fixes a bug in the RCS output that ViewCVS was
expecting to get in it's previous (incorrect) state.  I think that
happened after the 2.0.24 release.

Bo--Any update on that from the ViewCVS side?  I didn't submit the error
to them, have you (or anyone here for that matter)?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett