[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.34 with viewcvsnt : errors

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 10 22:48:39 GMT 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:44:04 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>Bo--Any update on that from the ViewCVS side?  I didn't submit the error
>to them, have you (or anyone here for that matter)?

Well,
my ViewCvs installer grabs the Repository roots right from the
registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver and creates the
comma separated string of roots for ViewCvs.
It automatically changes all \ to / in the string, but it does not add
a final / to each item.
I have tested this on NT4, W2000, XP-Pro and W2003 using IIS4, IIS5,
IIS6 and Apache 2.0.48.
Works OK right out of the box.

The installer will check for the cvs.exe version installed on the
system and if it is too old (< 2.0.4) it copies in a 2.0.10 cvs.exe
and points ViewCvs at it, otherwise it uses the CVSNT cvs.exe file for
RCS parsing.

I have not seen this myself so I have not submitted anything.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)