[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.34 with viewcvsnt : errors

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 10 22:50:57 GMT 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:07:32 +0100, Manuel Martin
<martin at ferber-software.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Search back through the newsgroup for the thread talking
>> about ViewCVS.
>>   IIRC the newer CVSNT fixes a bug in the RCS output that ViewCVS was
>> expecting to get in it's previous (incorrect) state.  I think that
>> happened after the 2.0.24 release.
>
>Something like that, yes. I do use an older cvs.exe for ViewCVS. As long
>as the RCS-Files stay compatible, this should work as a workaround too
>(, doesn't it?).
>Nevertheless, not a final solution.
>
>> Bo--Any update on that from the ViewCVS side?  I didn't
>> submit the error
>> to them, have you (or anyone here for that matter)?
>
>Err, not me :-)

If you use an older cvs.exe as parser for ViewCvs then beware of some
incompatibilities that may arise. My installer will try to use the
installed server side cvs.exe if it is not too old, in which case it
uses a supplied cvs.exe 2.0.10

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)