[cvsnt] cvs admin -o

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Wed Mar 10 23:29:17 GMT 2004

> archiving away the module at this point, so I
> will have the complete record available in storage.

I don't understand what you mean by this.  It seems like you are trying
to archive a snapshot by removing all the revisions and then copying all
the *,v archive files off the CVSNT server to CD-R or similar?  Are the
,v archive files critical in some way or am I wrong and you are
archiving the sources?

What we, and I think a lot of others, do for archiving is to copy a
checked out or exported source directory to archive media based on a
release tag or date and that's it.  Should we ever go out of business,
for example, the latest release comes out of escrow and the recipient
can import the sources to start their own fork at that time in whatever
way they wish.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation