[cvsnt] Re: ANN: ViewCvs installer updated with rcsparse fix

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 00:11:35 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:
> I don't know if this is a problem with the latest or just my
> installation (the server is seriously hosed in some respects) but I'm
> getting an error "NameError: global name 'where' is not defined" (full
> text below).

I've found out it's a small problem in one of the files.  In
c:\programs\ViewCvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\__init__.py, at line 131 you'll see:

     if filename != full_name:
       raise vclib.Error(
         'The filename from co did not match. Found "%s". Wanted "%s"<br>'
         'url="%s"' % (filename, full_name, where))

At that point "where" is undefined, thus the error.  However, there's
another kink in there that \ and / are not equal yet are mixed at that
point in one of the strings.  I was able to hack this to fix it --
treating both strings probably isn't necessary, and there may be a more
appropriate place to do it, but this works:

     if string.replace(filename,'\\','/') !=
string.replace(full_name,'\\','/'):
       raise vclib.Error(
         'The filename from co did not match. Found "%s". Wanted "%s"<br>'
         % (filename, full_name))

Please advise if this would be better done some other way.  I'm
unfamiliar with both python and ViewCVS internals.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett