[cvsnt] Removing Company Information from CVS Archive

Drew F. Sousa drew at wracked.com
Wed Mar 24 15:50:02 GMT 2004

Let me start out by saying:  "I screwed up!"

Innocently enough I use to use my company email address to post
questions  to this group.  (Great group I might add)  One time I
included an actual machine name regarding an issue I was having with
CVS.  We are now going through security audit nightmare with the US
Government, which I am in charge of, and I've found I can search google
and yahoo or through the archives and find my old posts. (Of course as
this is the whole point of keeping archives.)

I know this is a stretch:  Is it possible to search through the old
archives and change my email address or remove those entries?

Again, I know this is a stretch and I'm the one that screwed up so there
is nobody to blame but me. (you can see the Catholic 'self loathing
guilt' coming through at this point.)

Note: For anyone wondering if they shouldn't use their work address I
would say that it isn't so much your email address that is an issue
unless you do something stupid and include too much information like I
did.

Thanks.

Drew