[cvsnt] New to cvsnt/wincvs

connerz connerz at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 24 19:04:24 GMT 2004

Hi, I'm new to cvsnt and wincvs.  I'm running cvsnt 2.0.34 and WinCVS
1.3 on a Windows XP Pro box.  I'm looking just for a very simple set up
at this point to get working.  I followed the directions on
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips, created the default
cvsrepo/cvstemp (System and CVSUsers have all permissions) dirs and a
TEST repository.  Did not add the CVS user in step 2.9 (opted for sspi),
set my cvsroot like so

set cvsroot=:sspi:<computername>:/TEST (using my actual host name)
ran the cvs ls and checked out ok

When i go to WinCVS, set prefs to sspi and path/host etc to form CVSROOT  I see my username at host:/TEST
I go to perform the same cvs ls -l -R and i get no ls info back and a message CVS exited normally with code 1

I also try an import following the example in http://www.thathost.com/wincvs-howto/

I get the following message
\development\baseline\eso\client)
cvs [server aborted]: Cannot access C:/cvsrepo/TEST/CVSROOT: Permission denied
cvs [import aborted]: error reading from server

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

When I go back and check the properties on the directories all the permissions are set to full.

Apologies for the data dump and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Geoff