[cvsnt] Re: New to cvsnt/wincvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 24 19:57:43 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:04:24 -0800, connerz <connerz at pacbell.net>
wrote:

>set cvsroot=:sspi:<computername>:/TEST (using my actual host name)
>ran the cvs ls and checked out ok
>
>When i go to WinCVS, set prefs to sspi and path/host etc to form CVSROOT  I see my username at host:/TEST
>I go to perform the same cvs ls -l -R and i get no ls info back and a message CVS exited normally with code 1

Notice the difference! There should NOT be a user at host, it should be
simply host

In WinCvs preferences you should set the data as follows:
Authentication = sspi
Path = /TEST
Host address = name of cvs server
User name = BLANK!!!! <== Don't enter anything in this box!

Then it will work like the command liune did.

>I also try an import following the example in http://www.thathost.com/wincvs-howto/

If you cannot do a checkout or an ls then you also cannot import.
First fix the connection so you have access...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)