[cvsnt] Help! Problem with update

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue May 4 21:39:28 BST 2004

Carlos Méndez wrote:

>Yeah, this seems to be the problem. The actual path (in my PC) is
>C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\. Now I know that TortoiseCVS creates some directories with
>the name "cvs-serv"+ SOME_NUMBER in the TEMP directory.
>
>You mention that the latest Tortoise fixed the bug. I use the latest STABLE
>version (1.6.10) so maybe you wanted to say the opposite, that the bug was
>introduced in the latest version? I didn't have that kind of problem in
>previous versions of Tortoise. Do you know a way to solve this problem or
>I'll have to wait until this bug is fixed?

You misunderstood me--there was a problem that Tortoise wasn't passing
the set temp path information to CVSNT before, so people weren't able to
set their TEMP path to something that made sense to them.  I believe
that it was that fix from the previous version that may have broken your
setup.  If you didn't have appropriate permissions set up, or a bad temp
path, then it would cause this to appear.  Check those out if you can:
Make sure the c:\windows\temp path exists and you have full permissions
to it, change your TEMP environment variable if necessary, etc.

--
Glen Starrett