[cvsnt] customized keyword substitution

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com
Wed May 5 16:57:19 BST 2004

I'd like to add my own keyword for CVS, but it contains text specific to
my projects.  I've done this for a few revisions by modifying rcs.c to
hard-code in what I needed.  However, this gets tiresome over time, so
I'd like to add a generalized mechanism to handle customized keywords
and get it into the builds.  So my question is whether this is worth
doing for others, or is it just a complexity that no one wants?  If the
former, is anyone else is pursuing this route?  And finally, what is the
preferred extension mechanism for CvsNT, and can you point me to an
example in the source of where it's called?

Thanks
chuck