[cvsnt] Lockserver connection problems

Morten Jøhnk Morten.Joehnk at edlund.dk
Thu May 6 08:51:48 BST 2004

Hi

We have a cvsnt installation with a server upgraded to 2.0.41 running on a Windows 2003 server. Clients connect using SSPI (and a few pserver) - and mostly it works like a charm. Some weeks ago we started using the lockserver and now we are experiencing that we get an error once in a while during checkouts and updates:

cvs server: Updating xxxxxx/Xxxxxxx/Xxxxxx

cvs server: connect to localhost(yyyyy.yyyyy.yyy):2402 failed: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

Can anyone tell me what causes this problem and how to avoid it? Anything I can do to pinpoint this error?

/MJ