[cvsnt] CVSNT client on NT connecting to CVS Unix server

Paul.Edwards at UK.ING.COM Paul.Edwards at UK.ING.COM
Thu May 6 11:06:48 BST 2004

> Hi, I am having a problem using the CVSNT client command line when
> connecting to CVS on a Unix Sun 5.8 server.
>
> CVSNT version: 2.0.41(latest version)
> CVS server on Sun 5.8 OS Unix server: Version 1.11.6 from www.cvshome.org
> ( version about 4months old )
> Using SSH provided by Hummingbird and Exceed.
>
> CVS client settings:
> CVSROOT=:ext:paedw@<cvs svr machine>:/devroot/srcroot
> CVS_RSH=humsh.exe
> CVS_SERVER=/software/sbsoft/cvs/bin/cvs
>
> Problem:
> When using CVS on NT it successfully connects to the Unix server but then
> just hangs and does not continue.
>
> I have tried the following alternatives:
> - using a Win32 CVS 1.11.15( latest version) client from www.cvshome.org
> with exactly the same settings successfully connects to the Unix server
> and operates as expected.
>     However, when I use CVSNT client it still hangs.
>
> So, my question is: How do I get the cvsnt client to interact with the
> server or are they fundamentally incompatible?
>
> My 'gotchas':
>  - It is not possible for me to change the CVS version running on the Unix
> machine.
>  - I want to use WinCVS which seems to need CVSNT; I have tried it with
> the Win32 CVS 1.11.15 client and this makes WinCVS hang.
>
> Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Paul.

The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing ING terms of business or client engagement letter.

Authorised by the Dutch Central Bank and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business.

Visit us at www.ing.com