[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch vs. HEAD

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri May 14 12:30:13 BST 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 01:11:22 -0400, "Dianne Britton"
<DBritton at ciu.edu> wrote:

>I've only used CVSNT, so I don't know if it works this way in CVS.  Regardless, I think this might be a problem, though perhaps practically-speaking it doesn't make any difference, despite its counter-intuitiveness.  Any opinions?

It's always worked this way.  Don't worry about revision numbers, as
they're just internal to CVS.  Certainly don't expect the branch
numbers to be identical between files - as time goes on they get
increasingly different.  That's what tags are for.