[cvsnt] Re: cvs rename

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat May 15 12:43:21 BST 2004

Andreas Tscharner wrote:

> No, I just tried cvs rename within the same directory. But the module
> that I checked out was from a different repository than the one CVSROOT
> points to.

It seems that that was the problem... it's just that the directory version
wasn't being updated on the client side, so that rename/commit/rename/commit
would create a bogus confict.

Not sure why it didn't say the directory was out of date rather than the file,
though...

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917