[cvsnt] Re: Update Merge removes files

Stuart Stevens stuart_stevens at sierralogic.com
Mon May 17 17:22:38 BST 2004

I am not using the "-r" option of the "update" command.

I am using the merge option with two tags for the CVS update command.  The
first tag was the branch itself while the second tag was a tag used on four
files.  So the update command is supposed to merge the differences between
the tags.  When the first tag exists and the second does not, CVS assumes
that the file is to be removed?  This would appear to be expected behavior.

If the second tag exists and the first does not, is the file replaced?

Thanks
Stuart