[cvsnt] Re: Splitting up a module

Ge nospam at globo.com
Thu May 20 13:51:39 BST 2004

> And yes I know that getting out old revisions of myproject would not
> restore it with the two subprojects, and also that anyone working on it at
> the time I did the change would be in trouble.

I have done something like this before, and it worked. But people who have
a sandbox with subproject1 or subproject2 in it will get their sandbox
messed up (they don't have to work on any of the files in it for that to
happen): it doesn't know how to get rid of the local copies of the
subprojects. I'm not sure releasing the subprojects is enough -- it seems
it doesn't remove the sandbox's knowledge of them. Editing the CVS\Entries
file for the myproject directory probably will get rid of that, but that
may not be what you want... :)

Gerhard