[cvsnt] Re: branch tag and chacl

Wolfram Kuss Wolfram.Kuss at t-online.de
Sun May 23 19:49:20 BST 2004

Tony wrote:

>ACLs don't work against numeric tags - it's a known limitation. Mostly you use
>them to stop people checking in to branches that are in code freeze... they're
>not really that secure (there are probably a dozen ways around the checks).

What are the secure alternatives? Windows NT access rights do not help
with branches since they are not in separate directories, right? So
would the only solution be a completely new repository? So we would
need to do the synchronising between them completely manual?

Maybe there are any tools that can help us?

>Tony

Bye bye,
Wolfram.