[cvsnt] Re: Another newbie question: numeric ip address

david.arendash at manyone.net david.arendash at manyone.net
Wed Nov 3 09:21:09 GMT 2004

Ok I tried that. I was able to ping the machine thanks to the 'hosts' file.
But I still get this, trying many combinations of protocols, name, user, port

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to CVSserver:514 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Error, CVS operation failed

It does not ask for a password

Any clues?

Dave A