[cvsnt] Re: Another newbie question: numeric ip address

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Nov 3 09:57:55 GMT 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:21:09 -0800, "david.arendash at manyone.net"
<david.arendash at manyone.net> wrote:

>Ok I tried that. I was able to ping the machine thanks to the 'hosts' file.
>But I still get this, trying many combinations of protocols, name, user, port
>
>cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to CVSserver:514 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

This means that there is no PC listening on that IP:port combination.
The error message is less than helpful though (actively refusing...).
You must check up the whole chain from client via the LAN/firewall etc
to the CVS server.
I assume that when you are inside the LAN you can successfully use the
CVSNT server? In that case you have a firewall setup problem.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)