[cvsnt] Installing CVSNT on Windows Server in Domain (Info)

Andreas Schneider Andreas.Schneider at skillworks.de
Tue Nov 9 16:43:05 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install cvsnt  2.0.58d on a Windows 2003 Server.

I have created two dirctories d:\cvsrep and d:\cvstemp.

Also I created a group CVSUser wher alle cvs users are member of. This group
has total access to theses directories. Also 'SYSTEM' has total access.

I installed cvsnt and created a repository d:\cvsrep\java. Everything was
working fine.
On 'Advanced Options' in cvsnt console I said run as [client user] and as
default domain my domain. (I tried a lot of combinations)

If I want to connect to the repository it is just possible with an
Administrator account. The users of groups CVSUser can't login.

Does anybody knows what I am doing wrong??

CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------

Server version: 2.0.58d
OS Version: Windows 2003 5.2.3790

CVS Service installed: Yes
LockService installed: Yes

pserver installed: Yes
sserver installed: Yes
sspi installed: Yes
ext installed: Yes

Installation Path: C:\Programme\cvsnt
Repository Prefix: (no value)
Repository 0: D:/cvsrep/java2
Repository 1: (no value)
Repository 2: (no value)
Repository 3: (no value)
CVS Temp directory: D:\cvstemp
CA Certificate File: C:\Programme\cvsnt\cvsnt-default.pem
Private Key File: C:\Programme\cvsnt\cvsnt-default.pem
CVS Temp directory: D:\cvstemp
Impersonation: No
Local Users Only: No
Fake Unix CVS: No
Default LockServer: localhost:2402
Disable Reverse DNS: No
Server listen port: 2401

Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes
Temp dir writable by current user: Yes

AV files detected:
(none)

Installed Winsock protocols: