[cvsnt] New install of CVSNT -- having problems with cvsadd

Charles Milutinovic milutino at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 9 20:31:18 GMT 2004

    Hello all.  I carefully followed the instructions on cvsnt's site to
set up my cvs server, and appanretly something went wrong.  I have no
problem logging in via pserver form a remote machine, but any attempt to
add to my repository produces the following error :

lore 52 % cvs add
al1.ps                                                        cvs add:
cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [add aborted]: no repository

Any idea what could be wrong?  I have given permission to the cvsroot on
the local machine to CVSUsers, but in the faq is says that you must also
specifically add LocalSystem to the user list, who is not included in
'Everyone'.  This user does not appear to exist on this machine (winxp sp2)