[cvsnt] Group permissions broken in 2.0.58d

Jari Ahonen jah at progress.com
Wed Nov 17 13:36:12 GMT 2004

Hello all,

It looks like the group file is never parsed in cvsnt 2.0.58 (and later
up to 2.0.60).

I found this out when my group permissions broke when upgrading from
2.0.51d.
After trying to figure out what exactly I was doing wrong, it turns out
this seems
to be a bug in the way the group file name is constructed in
src/perms.cpp.

2.0.58d code looks like this:
    strcpy (filename, current_parsed_root->directory);
    strcat (filename, CVSROOTADM "/");
    strcat (filename, CVSROOTADM_GROUP);

This does not result in /cvsrepo/CVSROOT/group but rather
/cvsrepoCVSROOT/group.
I have verified this to be the case by creating the /cvsrepoCVSROOT
directory and putting
the group file there. Then the group entries are parsed correctly.

If anyone else is having group permission problems with 2.0.48, then you
might want to
try moving the group file until this problem gets fixed.

- Jari