[cvsnt] Cannot RTag using 2.0.51d because lockserver only listenslocally???

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Thu Nov 18 14:36:38 GMT 2004

Oliver,

I have been meaning for some time to submit a bug report regarding a
related problem but haven't gotten around to doing it.  I had a very
similar error when I upgraded from 2.0.34 to 2.0.51a.  I sent several
messages to the bulletin board regarding this on 8/10/04 and 8/11/04.
(Here is the first
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-August/014313.html )  Tony
replied that he suspected a problem with my tcp/ip communication.(
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-August/014315.html )

I went back to 2.0.34 because I wanted to use rtag and no one else
seemed interested in the problem.  Since then Dan Castenholz has also
posted to the list the same error which I got.  You can find a post from
him regarding this at
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-October/015193.html

You can see from Dan's post that this problem was present in 2.0.41 and
AFAIK it has been propagated to all subsequent versions.

HTH, I would love to see this issue addressed.

Regards,
Erik