[cvsnt] How do I get the revisions of imported files into the loginfo script?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 23 23:32:16 GMT 2004

I have just noted that my CVSMailer program cannot handle imports when
they are repeated. The files that exist in both the original import
and the following import are updated and are not shown in the file
list. Has to be fixed.
But when looking over this I stumbled over one difficult item, namely
finding out the new revision of the updated files. The revision is not
supplied on stdin and therefore I had previously just assumed that new
files got revision 1.1 if there was no vendor and release tags and
1.1.1.1 if there were such tags.
Now I have to deal with the updated files as well and I am stuck for
finding the actual revisions that will be assigned to these files. If
a file in the list is not changed from the earlier revision then it
will not be entered as a new revision, but if it changed then it will.
Is there any way to retrieve the true revision of the imported files
somehow?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)