[cvsnt] Re: How do I get the revisions of imported files into the loginfo script?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 26 23:53:24 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:32:16 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>I have just noted that my CVSMailer program cannot handle imports when
>they are repeated. The files that exist in both the original import
>and the following import are updated and are not shown in the file
>list. Has to be fixed.
>But when looking over this I stumbled over one difficult item, namely
>finding out the new revision of the updated files. The revision is not
>supplied on stdin and therefore I had previously just assumed that new
>files got revision 1.1 if there was no vendor and release tags and
>1.1.1.1 if there were such tags.
>Now I have to deal with the updated files as well and I am stuck for
>finding the actual revisions that will be assigned to these files. If
>a file in the list is not changed from the earlier revision then it
>will not be entered as a new revision, but if it changed then it will.
>Is there any way to retrieve the true revision of the imported files
>somehow?

Tony?
Is there any way at all that the revision of the imported file can be
extracted by the loginfo script? Especially if the file is an update
as for a second import to the same vendor branch.
Standard commits supply this information in StdIn but for import it
seems not to happen.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)