[cvsnt] Re: Update does not support 'per-file' tags/branches?

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 20:49:20 BST 2004

I searched my directory structure for a .cvsrc file - there are none.
I pulled the CVSROOT directory from the repository, and looked at cvsrc.  It
is empty...

Below is a captured command shell session, edited to remove redundant
messages, and to comment
----------------------------------
C:\WGSV2\branch\CFC_PI_DB\covansys\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing>cvs
version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58b (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58a (client/server)

C:\WGSV2\branch\CFC_PI_DB\covansys\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing>cd
panels

*********** Getting the DB_CLIENTREFACTOR_04_09_09 Branch for the panels
directory ***********
C:\WGSV2\branch\CFC_PI_DB\covansys\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing\panels
>cvs -z6 -x update -d -P -r DB_CLIENTREFACTOR_04_09_09
? buttons/AddModifyDeleteCloseView.java
cvs server: Updating .
U InformationView.java
P ScrollTable.java
cvs server: Updating buttons
P buttons/AddModifyClear.java
U buttons/CloseButtonView.java
P buttons/Delete.java
U buttons/ModifyClearButtonView.java
P buttons/OK.java
P buttons/OkCancel.java
P buttons/SearchCancel.java
P buttons/SearchClear.java
U buttons/YesNoButtonView.java

C:\WGSV2\branch\CFC_PI_DB\covansys\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing\panels
>cd..

C:\WGSV2\branch\CFC_PI_DB\covansys\src\java\com\guardian\client\swing>cvs -z
6 -x update -d -P
.
.
.
*********** panels directory is now being updated, and is being set back to
the CFC_PI branch. ***********
cvs server: Updating panels
U panels/InformationView.java
P panels/ScrollTable.java
cvs server: Updating panels/buttons
P panels/buttons/AddModifyClear.java
cvs server: panels/buttons/CloseButtonView.java is no longer in the
repository
P panels/buttons/Delete.java
cvs server: panels/buttons/ModifyClearButtonView.java is no longer in the
repository
P panels/buttons/OK.java
P panels/buttons/OkCancel.java
P panels/buttons/SearchCancel.java