[cvsnt] Synchronize source code with database?

Rick Genter rgenter at silverlink.com
Tue Oct 19 13:56:48 BST 2004

The way I would approach this is to script the database structure, but
not its contents. Commit this script to the repository, and update it as
the structure of the database changes. (If you were using SQL Server
2000, for example, you would have a script that dropped the old version
of the tables and created new versions, possibly surround with bcp
commands to export data out of the old structure and import data into
the new structure). Use a standard backup application to back up the
database contents.

--
Rick Genter
Sr. Software Engineer

proprietary information, and may only be used by the person or entity to
which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail
immediately.