[cvsnt] Modules2 usage: cvs export of several modules to ONE destination

Johannes Kilian jok at vitronic.de
Tue Oct 19 16:20:22 BST 2004

Hi there,

I've started playing around with modules2.

I wonder whether it is possible to define "export"-modules within modules2.

What I mean is following:

Assume I've got two directories in the repository:

test01/scripts
test02/scripts

Now I want to create one release from this 2 directories, defining the
following in modules2:

[myRelease]
bin = test01/scripts
bin = test02/scripts

creating a bin-directory containing the contents of BOTH directories.

I know this doesn't make sense for a normal "cvs checkout" (What would
be the contents of the CVSROOT -files?), but using a "cvs export" should
be able to handle this, since there are no CVSROOT-files which might get
confused. (a problem here might be files with identical names ... - but
lets ignore this problem)

Doing a "cvs export myRelease" just exports the files of
"test02/scripts" - the files from "test01/scripts" are missing.

Using the old modules mechanism I solved this problem, calling a
perl-script using the -o option of modules (-o prog   Run "prog" on "cvs
checkout" of module.)
The perl script did the export.

I wonder, whether modules2 offers a similar facility like the -o option?
Is there any possibility  to achieve the desired behaviour with modules2
file?

Best would be, if  "cvs checkout" notices during evaluation of the
modules2 file, that different modules will go to the same destination
... and give some hints to it.  "cvs export" shouldn't bother about
duplicate destination cirectories ....

Johannes