[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Oct 26 01:21:07 BST 2004

rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com wrote:
> OK, is this related to or causing the rename problem all of a sudden? I've been
> using Cygwin with CYGWIN='...ntsec...' and CVSNT on this server for about three
> years with no problems until now.

No, it's been doing that for a while.  If you haven't noticed it the
it's not been an issue for you.

> Another thought... What happens when CVSNT sees the CYGWIN environment variable
> *without* ntsec? Does CVSNT actually parse the contents of CYGWIN to see if it
> contains 'ntsec'? If so, will it correctly handle (and ignore) the 'smbntsec'
> setting? Ntsec is now the default in Cygwin. If you want to use ntea, you have
> to set it explicitly. If I can remove 'ntsec', but leave 'smbntsec', might that
> help?

smbntsec must be new... haven't seen that one.  The default for CVSNT is
always ntea, unless you tell it otherwise by explicitly setting CYGWIN.
  It understands ntsec and nontsec - the parsing code is actually very
similar to the code cygwin itself uses (or used to use - if they've
added a new option that'll be separate).

There's also the CVSNT environment variable for emergencies (not even
documented!)  So if you set CVSNT=ntea it'll override the cygwin.