[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 01:49:05 BST 2004

--- Tony Hoyle wrote:

> rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo dotcom wrote:
> > OK, is this related to or causing the rename problem all of a sudden? I've
> been
> > using Cygwin with CYGWIN='...ntsec...' and CVSNT on this server for about
> three
> > years with no problems until now.
>
> No, it's been doing that for a while.  If you haven't noticed it the
> it's not been an issue for you.
>

> > Another thought... What happens when CVSNT sees the CYGWIN environment
> variable
> > *without* ntsec? Does CVSNT actually parse the contents of CYGWIN to see if
> it
> > contains 'ntsec'? If so, will it correctly handle (and ignore) the
> 'smbntsec'
> > setting? Ntsec is now the default in Cygwin. If you want to use ntea, you
> have
> > to set it explicitly. If I can remove 'ntsec', but leave 'smbntsec', might
> that
> > help?
>
> smbntsec must be new... haven't seen that one.  The default for CVSNT is
> always ntea, unless you tell it otherwise by explicitly setting CYGWIN.
>   It understands ntsec and nontsec - the parsing code is actually very
> similar to the code cygwin itself uses (or used to use - if they've
> added a new option that'll be separate).
>
> There's also the CVSNT environment variable for emergencies (not even
> documented!)  So if you set CVSNT=ntea it'll override the cygwin.

IIRC, smbntsec has been around for 6 months to a year. I've had it set for at
least 6 months.

The CVSNT variable was suggested to me by John McNamee (thanks John!). I set

CVSNT=nontsec nontea

on the server per his suggestion and now my permissions in the repository are
unchanged after a commit. Actually, the CYGWIN env var interaction probably
explains some odd permission problems I've had for a while on the client box I
use. I just set CVSNT there as well. We'll see.

Unfortunately, this had no effect on the rename problem in 58c. I'm about as
sure as I can reasonably be that this is *not* an A/V issue, so it looks like
I'm going to have to get the cvsnt source, build a debug version and try to
debug this. Could be a while, though...

Rick