[cvsnt] Error with 2.0.51d ends with "results may not be correct"

Flávio Etrusco Flavio.Etrusco at atan.com.br
Fri Sep 3 15:51:50 BST 2004

I absolutely agree with you on how much this problem/bug is annoying. (I was about to file a bug ticket in mantis, but since the network admins didn't even complain about having to change/loose resitrictons, I let it alone)

But the problem is a bit different than you might think. Currently this is what's needed:

- The account you have cvsnt running on (usually SYSTEM) must have "List Folder" permission from the CVSROOT repository folder up to the partition root, and read access to CVSROOT/modules. Note that "Travese Folder" is a different permission which almost all accounts are automatically and globally granted because of the "Bypass traverse checking", even on Windows 2003 server.

- The users which access CVS must have the same "List Folder" permission on the repository up to its partition root; same for the CVS Temp directory.

Tony, I'm positive this is a recent bug; AFAIR 2.0.41 wasn't affected. Maybe some code rework using a recursive function?

Flávio