[cvsnt] Cant create dir lock...

Ahmad Saeed ahmad.saeed at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:58:02 BST 2004

Hallo,

I have CVSNT on Server side and also clients have CVSNT.

On Server I have created a Repository and imported Network Simulator (
NS-2.27), so that students at client side can access to simulator.
I created a user and added a password in passwd file under CVSROOT directory.
My user can access to the network but when it try to checkout I am
getting the error
Cant create the dir Lock..........

On the server side I used the command chmod 777 ns-2.27 -R and there
was no problem for client to checkout.
But this is not a good way.

What should I do ?