[cvsnt] Error with 2.0.51d ends with "results may not be correct"

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Sep 3 17:29:54 BST 2004

Flávio Etrusco wrote:
> Tony, I'm positive this is a recent bug; AFAIR 2.0.41 wasn't affected. Maybe some code rework using a recursive function?

2.0.41 was affected, but silently (every version since about 2.0.24 was
affected actually).  The lookup would abort early and sometimes cause
files to be put in the wrong place.  It would also cause the lockserver
to duplicate mixed-case locks, potentially causing the repository to fail.

It took a long time to track down what was causing the problem and after
I found it I put the warning in.  Since the default permissions are to
give everyone the correct access this will only affect those who try to
lock down the repository too far and prevent users from accessing it.