[cvsnt] Error with 2.0.51d ends with "results may not be corr ect"

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Fri Sep 3 17:42:14 BST 2004

Tony,

Saw this e-mail and made me wonder if this could be my problem of CVS
crashing. The problems seemed to start when the we started using Linux
clients. There seems to be some sequence that causes CVS  seem to get stock
were it pegs out the CPU usage and slowly uses up all the memory in the
server till the server crashes. ( I have submitted a couple e-mails about
asking for help to trace and debug, but have really gotten any suggestions
of what to try.) I have caught the server in the process of doing this a
couple of times and it looks like CVS has a couple of connections open and I
think stock to different users. ( I did a netstat to see the cvs clients
connected.) The 2.0.51 clients are running on Linux and the 2.0.51d server
on a windows box.  Could CVS be crashing because of the lockserver
duplicating mixed-case locks, and causing the repository to fail?

Thanks,
Curtis Lehman